Melbourne and Surrounds Arts Directory
Be the first to advertise in Melbourne and Surrounds Arts Directory!
We are developing melbourne.victoria.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Melbourne and Surrounds for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Arts in Melbourne and Surrounds?
Melbourne and Surrounds Arts
Creative, performing, and visual arts are integral parts of Melbourne's vibrant cultural scene. From world-famous galleries and museums to independent artists and performers, the region abounds with businesses that celebrate creativity in all its forms. In this article, we will explore some of the most exciting businesses operating in and around Melbourne, highlighting their benefits, activities, and contact details.
1. National Gallery of Victoria: Established in 1861, the National Gallery of Victoria (NGV) is one of the oldest and most prestigious art museums in Australia. With over 75,000 works of art from around the world, the NGV is a must-visit destination for art lovers. It hosts temporary exhibitions, lectures, and workshops, and offers guided tours of its collections.
2. Heide Museum of Modern Art: Located in the scenic suburb of Bulleen, Heide Museum of Modern Art showcases contemporary and modern art in a beautiful outdoor setting. The museum also offers educational programs for children and adults, including art making workshops, talks, and events.
3. Australian Centre for Contemporary Art: The Australian Centre for Contemporary Art (ACCA) is a leading institution for contemporary art, making it one of the go-to places of businesses in Melbourne. It presents a range of exhibitions, performances, and public programs that explore the latest in contemporary art and culture.
1. Melbourne Theatre Company: As Australia's oldest professional theatre company, Melbourne Theatre Company (MTC) is renowned for its high-quality productions, which range from classic plays to new Australian works. It also offers education and community programs that engage and inspire people of all ages.
2. Australian Ballet: Founded in 1962, the Australian Ballet is one of the world's leading ballet companies. The company performs classical and contemporary ballets and tours extensively both nationally and internationally.
3. Melbourne Symphony Orchestra: The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (MSO) is one of Australia's oldest and most highly-regarded orchestras. It performs a broad repertoire of classical music, as well as contemporary works and film scores. The MSO also offers education and community programs that nurture young musicians and bring music to a wide audience.
1. Craft Victoria: Craft Victoria is a leading organization that supports and promotes contemporary craft and design in Victoria. It has a gallery space in Melbourne's CBD that showcases the work of local and national artists and craftspeople. The organization also provides training, mentoring and other professional development opportunities for emerging and established practitioners.
2. Footscray Community Arts Centre: The Footscray Community Arts Centre (FCAC) is a vibrant and inclusive arts hub that hosts a range of exhibitions, performances, and events. The FCAC is committed to promoting cultural diversity and social justice through the arts. It provides programs for the local community, including workshops, classes, and festivals.
3. Abbotsford Convent: The Abbotsford Convent is a unique arts and cultural precinct situated on the banks of the Yarra River. The Convent is home to over 100 artists, musicians, and organizations, ranging from visual artists to community radio stations. The Convent also offers tours, workshops, and events that showcase the diverse range of creative activities taking place on its grounds.
Melbourne and its surrounds boast a flourishing creative, performing, and visual arts scene, with a range of businesses and organizations supporting and promoting creativity in various forms. From world-renowned museums and theaters to grassroots community arts centers, there's something for everyone who wants to engage with and celebrate the arts in this vibrant region of Australia.
- National Gallery of Victoria: 180 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3006
- Heide Museum of Modern Art: 7 Templestowe Rd, Bulleen VIC 3105
- Australian Centre for Contemporary Art: 111 Sturt St, Southbank VIC 3006
- Melbourne Theatre Company: 252 Sturt Street, Southbank VIC 3006
- Australian Ballet: 2 Kavanagh St, Southbank VIC 3006
- Melbourne Symphony Orchestra: Arts Centre Melbourne, 100 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004
- Craft Victoria: 31 Flinders Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Footscray Community Arts Centre: 45 Moreland St, Footscray VIC 3011
- Abbotsford Convent: 1 St Heliers St, Abbotsford VIC 3067
Melbourne and Surrounds Arts Articles